Aerial bundled cables (also aerial bundled conductors or simply ABC) are overhead power lines using several insulated phase conductors bundled tightly together, usually with a bare neutral conductor. XLPE/Black HDPE insulated aluminum conductors are
laid together (twisted) around aluminum alloy/ ACSR conductor insulated or bare messenger wire to form the Aerial Bunched Cable.
Optional features with neutral & street lighting conductor if and when required.
ADVANTAGES OF AERIAL BUNCHED CABLES :
- Fewer chances of short circuits caused by external forces like wind and fallen
branches, unless they abrade the insulation
- Aerial bunched cables can stand proximity to trees/buildings and not generate sparks if touched.
- Tree clearance can be avoided due to the reduction in pole height.
- It is simple to install as crossbars and insulators are not required.
- Ease of erection and stringing, less labor-intensive and fewer construction resources needed.
- Aesthetically appealing.
- Can be installed in a narrower right-of-way.
- At junction poles insulation of bridging wires are needed to connect non-insulated wires.
- ABC can dispense with one of these splices. Less risk of a neutral-only break from tree or vehicle damage, increasing safety with TNCs systems.
- Better safety for linesperson, particularly when working on live conductors.
- More or less maintenance-free.
- The theft of power possibility is reduced as unauthorized tapping of power cannot be done without removing the insulation.
- Much safer than bare conductors as insulated conductors prevent accidental contact and supply can be maintained temporarily even if a suspension system collapse.
Check out our catalogues for more information